Week 2: Overview of Social Media

I believe that a majority of social media was made to be geared more towards personal use than business. Websites like Facebook were started to keep up communication with friends, Snapchat feels more personal than for business at all, and Instagram and Twitter a bit of both. I feel like a lot of people saw social media on the rise and saw it as a good business opportunity to put their voice and business out there in the social media world, and it works.
I'm not personally on Facebook, but I do know that it's very easy to promote business through there by creating your own personal page for your business. I think Facebook is the easiest social media to use for business because they're very user friendly for it. So is Instagram, they give you an option to add that you're using your account for business at any time which is why I think it's easily used as both. I believe these two are the best for business accounts. I think Twitter can be used for business but it's not as easy to get your business out there and I don't think very many people use Twitter to follow businesses.
Overall I think all of the social medias I talked about do a very good job of balancing their use of both personal and business. I personally enjoy following my favorite restaurants and companies and seeing what deals they're offering, and seeing pictures daily.

Comments

  1. I am not on Facebook either! So it always fun to connect with someone else not on a social media platform as it seems like everyone is on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya, Facebook does seem simple and very important for business. I mean so many people are on there, and you could if you signed up have hundreds of contacts right away. I think it was the Likeable Social Media book that talks about how important the like button is. If you can get your business on Facebook and get a few likes here and there, that one like shows it to all the connections that one user has. So one like can be viewed by hundreds of other users. Some will have to take notice. I would suggest signing up for Facebook soon and get familiar with it. I just signed up for Twitter, and I think it is interesting, but almost overload if using Facebook too. You can get lost and carried away in scrolling down a bunch of Tweets similar to that of Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tanya,

    I have to agree that social media was more towards personal use until some smart people out there figured that most people are on there so why not use it to advertise business. I think it worked out just right because I know of some people that got their business blooming due to social media. I did not do Facebook for the longest either until I as told that there is a great group of Veterans all linking up on Facebook that are great resources to help out for government employment and preparations. So I gave in and sign up. So far it worked for me. Anyway, good information and looking forward to reading from you the rest of this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Facebook and other Social Media platforms were created for personal use. It was only a matter of time that business's would catch on to social media marketing potential. Nowadays it seems as though all social media platforms are business geared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanya, I agree with your blog. Facebook platform is the easiest to use for personal and business usage. Twitter is similar to Instagram in the aspect of following personal or business accounts. Social Media sites have personalized components targeting business and personal users. I also enjoy following some of my favorite businesses, to look out for limited promotions, and new content regarding the company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts