Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

For my 4 websites I looked at I looked at apple, toyota, jamilin, and gatesnfences.

In Apple I noticed right away how easy their website is to navigate. They use the repetition and contrast very well, and keep their logo and navigation bar wherever you go on the website which makes it nice to go through and no drop down menus. Out of all the websites this ones my favorite it's very minimal and the colors work well together.

My second was Toyota, there was a lot more to this website but super easy to use. It was still easy to navigate & they had a drop down menu but also everything you could find on the drop down menu was on their homepage which was nice. They also had at the bottom Toyota news, and different things going on so they use their concept well. The font was also used well when needed to be used for smaller fonts.

For my third I chose Jami Lin's. Even just scrolling through the homepage I immediately wanted to close out. There was too much different colors going on, font everywhere, not easy to read or use. I also couldn't tell by looking at the website what this website was even in use for. It didn't past the hierarchy. Even the drop down menu had too much going on.

For my last website I chose gatesnfences. I didn't think it could get much worst than jamilin but it did.  The only difference from the last one was that I could tell this website was showing it sells gates and fences so they got that point across. I couldn't find any navigation in here whatsoever. The menu that took up the whole side should have been the header and been a drop down menu. They also had no logo or repetition for me to remember them by.

Comments

  1. Hi Tanya, I commented about the same for the Apple website. They have always had great branding, with minimal design and colors just like their products. Everything is very visual, simple and one thing at a time. As opposed to the Jamilin website, I think most of us here agree its probably one of the worst sites ever. So much information is like communicating no information. When someone has to search around for even seconds, it's too late, off to the competitor. I think when companies have so many products, they need to break the website down into very general subjects or categories, and within each, they need to go to another page where they can display more products related to that category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya, I agree with your observation that Apple is easy to navigate and utilize soft color contrasts to accent their product lines. Providing content that is informative and straight o the point serves its visitors well. Gates N Fences was website I also wrote review on. What huge mess that company is. Hundreds of links no fluidity completely disorganized. Gates N Fences needs complete over haul by professional clean up the clutter and perhaps split the website up into multiple channels. If I had to choose gate or fence installer they would be my last option. I would be surprised if they received any business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there is nothing worse than a website that has to much content and poorly organized. I like to be able to find what I need with no confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya, I have agree with you on Jami Lins website. Its unorganized and looks like on of those websites looking to scam people. Apple is a well known company so therefore they hire the best web designers and the result shows on their website. Its a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts